Übersetzung & Definition
to amount to ($67): sich betragen auf ($67), sich belaufen auf ($67)
The fixed expenses amount to an average of 5,000 Euros a month. Die Fixkosten belaufen sich auf 5.000 Euro pro Monat.
to amount to something in life: etwas im Leben erreichen
an amount: eine Menge, ein Betrag, eine Summe
The amount of money spent on the trip was very large. Die für die Reise ausgegebene Geldsumme war beträchtlich.
UK: I have a large amount of money in the bank.
US: The bill amounted to $15.
- "Congratulations on your recent acquisition of an obscene amount of money."
- "This is why you're never going to amount to anything in life, Bruno!"
- "Date Expense Description Amount ($) Units Details"
- "Studies show that the current "traffic light" labelling system - red, amber and green labels representing the amounts of salt, sugar, and fat - for foods on sale in supermarkets is reasonably common, but not effective enough in reducing obesity."
- "Travelling to and from the nearest city is no problem, our airport shuttle service is guaranteed to take the same amount of time as the flight itself."
- "Icarus : Using high pitch frequencies emitted by the global positioning device in Bruno's helicopter, and then cross referencing them both with the amount of fuel in the helicopter as well as all known latitude and longitudes in both the eastern and western hemispheres, I was able to project Bruno and Susie's trajectory and landing location within one kilometer!"
- "As you can see, the company has provided the requisite amount of alcohol and sustenance for you to quote unquote "enjoy yourselves", and yet it still seems that you are not 100% thrilled with the festivities!"
- "Ms. Lohan already sits on our board of trustees, however she is considering investing a large amount of capital in the company, which would allow us to finally purchase the island zoo that Horatio keeps asking for."
- "The party proceeded to barbecue multiple sausages and prawns on the beach, and consume moderate amounts of beer (300-400 cans)."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Amount'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.