Übersetzung & Definition
to argue (over, about something): argumentieren, sich einsetzen für, streiten
Even though your point of view is well-argued, I'm still not convinced. Die Argumente für Ihren Standpunkt sind gut, trotzdem bin ich immer noch nicht überzeugt.
Philip and Kevin argued over who would pay for dinner for over an hour. Philip und Kevin haben über eine Stunde lang gestritten, wer das Abendessen bezahlen soll.
UK: I don't want to argue with you.
US: He argued his point very enthusiastically.
- "Never argue with the customer."
- "Brian and Donna argue"
- "You rightly banned Icarus Quincy from the building for arguing that IcarusBot's calculations were less accurate than a human."
- "He argues that "almost everyone performs their best when under stress"."
- "Who am I to argue?"
- "They never argue with the referee."
- "These terrorists – and I do not think this word is too strong – take issue with the fishing of bluefin tuna, arguing that the bluefin community is suffering terribly from over-fishing."
- "The events took place late last night at a trendy bar in San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood, where witnesses reported seeing an altercation between two men arguing over the television program being shown."
- "Smithson argues that stress starts to pose serious threats such as permanent damage to brain cells (which has linked high stress levels to alzheimer's disease and strokes) and high blood pressure (the link between stress and heart attacks) only when the stress is allowed to build up over a long period of time."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Argue'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.