Übersetzung & Definition
to arrive (at the airport, in China): ankommen (am Flughafen, in China)
to arrive at (an agreement, a decision): zu (einer Vereinbarung, einer Entscheidung) gelangen
Note: In English, the verb "to arrive" is generally used to describe reaching a destination. The figurative sense of "succeeding" at something is less common. To reach an agreement and to reach a decision are more natural constructions.
- "Narrator : Finally, the moment of truth has arrived."
- "Bruno : Ahem. Thank you all for respecting my wishes, and arriving here on time."
- "You just have to arrive at 3am for hair and make-up."
- "Brian : Bruno, your 10 o'clock has arrived for his first day of work - A Scottish gentleman, judging by the smell of him."
- "Not one check has arrived yet!"
- "I am delighted to say that after nine long rounds of interviews, we have finally arrived at the very, very, very, VERY shortlist."
- "When we arrived in Paris, he took me to a restaurant in the Latin quarter for a romantic dinner."
- "Olaf : Uh, Mr. Driving Man, I think we have arrived."
- "7.15AM - Arrive at meeting room to see Willy the security guard leaving."
- "The fog greatly obscured visibility and quite frankly, it's a miracle we arrived safely."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Arrive'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.