Übersetzung & Definition
(The tiger has escaped.) As a result, (we can't go to the zoo): (Der Tiger ist entwischt.) Deshalb (können wir nicht in den Zoo gehen)
Note: "As a result" introduces the conclusion of an action or event which was previously mentioned. "As a result of" is used to introduce the cause or origin of an action.
(My flight was delayed) as the result of (a snow storm): (Mein Flug wurde) aufgrund (eines Schneesturms verschoben)
As a result of the judge's decision, I will be in juvenile detention for six months. Aufgrund der Richterentscheidung werde ich sechs Monate in Jugendhaft verbringen.
- "I made two mistakes that day: not putting on my seatbelt (and suffering horrific nasal injuries as a result) and not renewing my auto insurance."
- "In conclusion, and as a result of your hard work, I would like to propose the next step in your therapy"
- "Leonard : Mr. Delavigne, my comrades have need to speak with you, and as a result of the collective bargaining agreement signed three years ago, it's my duty to negotiate workers' rights and grievances with the employer."
- "As a result of the operation, Mr. Connors was physically unable to drive his own car, due to the bandages covering his eyes, which is why Mr. Marron happened to be at the wheel."
- "As a result of this experience, I have mastered my own emotions, which has made me the ideal candidate to interact with customers in a professional, calm and composed fashion."
- "Delavigne's share price will fluctuate as a result."
- "The fan is probably destroyed, and as a result your motherboard is totally fried."
- "As a result, he will not be coming into the office for the next few days."
- "Luna : I just wish it were less humid in this building, my chi is really suffering as a result."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'As a result'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.