Übersetzung & Definition
the board (of a company): der Vorstand, das Direktorium (eines Unternehmens)
The board can refer to both shareholders and the directors of a company. In both cases, "the board" makes most major decisions for the company (in a "boardroom" usually).
a (surf) board: ein (Surf-) Brett
a board (at school): eine Tafel (in der Schule)
Schools often have "blackboards", "chalkboards" or "whiteboards" in classrooms.
- "I'm the one that has to justify a 14,000 dollar shipment of ingredients to the board!"
- "Mazerati cautiously approached each individual, so it came as a total surprise to all involved when Mazerati was elected CEO by the D&C board last Tuesday."
- "Let me see... I, Horatio Oléré, agree to the following... will not sell without prior permission from the Board... should I attempt to sell my shares... prosecution."
- "Icarus : Then I'll have to recommend to Bruno and to the board that your supplies must be pre-approved by... me!"
- "Mr. Cheeter, why don't you come up to the board and show us how you think this problem should be solved?"
- "Miaow Yang : With the money we are offering, you could start a new business, even remain on the board of Miracle Juices..."
- "The board of the IACF thought it only fitting that you, one of the true pioneers in the fragrance and cosmetic community, deliver the speech to mark the Vicennial anniversary of our organization."
- "The Board is pleased to inform shareholders that the dividend per share will be 16.3¢."
- "Bruno : The board has elected a new CEO, Sylvio Mazerati."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Board-business'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.