Übersetzung & Definition
(I owe you) a debt: (Ich habe) Schulden (bei dir)
to be in debt: verschuldet sein, Schulden haben
UK: I am in debt because I went to university.
US: My father left many debts when he died.
- "I was a no-good cowboy with a failed department store and a ton of debt."
- "No matter how much your department stores are grossing every month, there's no way you can stay out of personal debt when you're spending like this."
- "No glasses for me and I am in debt!"
- "Day 1 : In order to pay our debt to the restaurant, Horatio and I have been forced to work in the kitchen."
- "Bethany : I may commence legal proceedings to recover the debt, without further notice to you..."
- "If the matter is not resolved within four business days, I may commence legal proceedings to recover the debt, without further notice to you, and this letter may be tendered in court as evidence of your failure to attempt settlement."
- "Mazerati found out that the family was in debt, and he knew they would be willing to sell their shares."
- "I would encourage you, and anyone else who suffers from sleep debt, to organize your schedule outside of work accordingly."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Debt'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.