Übersetzung & Definition
an injury: eine Verletzung
to injure: verletzen
I injured myself. Ich habe mich selbst verletzt.
UK: 400 police officers were injured during the football match.
US: Oooh, that looks like a bad injury.
- "I made two mistakes that day: not putting on my seatbelt (and suffering horrific nasal injuries as a result) and not renewing my auto insurance."
- "Oh, one of the hostages seems to be injured!"
- "Definition: a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another."
- "Horatio sustained a serious head injury."
- "A rare Siberian tiger named "Shoshana" escaped from her pen at the San Francisco zoo yesterday night and attacked a crowd of seven teenagers who had been insulting her, seriously injuring all seven of them. An eighth person, a six year old boy named Timothy Aldridge, was licked by the tiger, and later said the tiger's tongue felt "like sandpaper" and that her breath smelled like "muffins"."
- "On the bright side, Icarus and I both escaped serious injury, although Icarus did break his clavicle in several places, and I did suffer a fractured pelvis."
- "Covers injuries that you cause to someone else."
- "Icarus's Mom : Ah, oh... I'm not sure about that, Icarus, my injury isn't that bad."
- "But tell me, how did Horatio injure himself?"
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Injury'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.