Übersetzung & Definition
likely: wahrscheinlich, plausibel
That isn't a very likely story. Das ist keine sehr plausible Geschichte.
It seems likely that Bruno won't be attending the party. Es ist wahrscheinlich, dass Bruno nicht zum Fest kommen wird.
to be likely to (do something): wahrscheinlich (etwas tun)
We are likely to run into problems if we continue like this. Es ist wahrscheinlich, dass wir auf Probleme stoßen, wenn wir so weiter machen.
- "Some socioeconomic groups are more likely to vote than others."
- "An additional argument is that foods obtained within a 150 mile (240 km) radius of your home will likely taste better than those which have been packaged, flown, shipped or driven over longer distances."
- "In the US, the higher a person's income and level of education, the more likely they are to vote."
- "Trial runs in towns with high obesity levels have shown that consumers are likely to avoid unhealthy products if they have a picture of an unhealthy body on them. As part of the new regulations, healthier food options will also feature a photo of a slim and sexy person, in an attempt to lure consumers towards these products."
- "Although all these modes of transport leave a lot to be desired, I believe that the train option is the least likely to make you want to commit suicide."
- "Those same scientists predict that this figure is likely to increase in coming years."
- "Perhaps you are familiar with 'Smells R Us' because of their catchy radio jingles, but more likely you know them for their many unpaid invoices."
- "People who chronically lack sleep are also more likely to become depressed."
- "Likely to decrease the risk of health complications."
- "You'd better be good though, if not, our expert judge is likely to say: "Don't Give Up Your Day Job"!"
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Likely'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.