Übersetzung & Definition
to manage to (do something): es fertig bringen, es schaffen (etwas zu tun)
to manage (a company): (ein Unternehmen) führen
- "HoratioBot tried to eat her, but I managed to save her."
- "You'll be pleased to know that despite our little incident, I managed to talk those suckers at "Smells R Us" into renewing their orders for the upcoming year."
- "I have managed to smuggle some of my favorite French foods through customs, including a very smelly camembert that I have kept in my trousers."
- "Jean and I have managed to recover all of our data and transfer it to our new servers, so theoretically you should have received all emails which were sent to you while our server was offline."
- "Eventually I did manage to finish it however, at which time I enjoyed another good laugh."
- "We managed to identify and destroy the virus before it infected any other machines on the network, which is extremely good news."
- "He writes: Miss Bliss, how do you manage to thrive in the male-dominated perfume industry?"
- "I managed to maintain a shred of dignity by sticking out my ‘pinkie' finger with each sip."
- "Luckily for you, Freddy and I are members of the same golf club and I managed to persuade him not to press charges."
- "Looks like you've managed to escape prison one more time!"
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Manage to'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.