Übersetzung & Definition
native: Heimat-, ursprünglich, einheimisch
English is my native language, but I also speak French. Englisch ist meine Muttersprache, ich spreche aber auch Französisch.
The koala is native to Australia. Der Koalabär ist in Australien heimisch.
the Native Americans die Ureinwohner Nordamerikas, die nordamerikanischen Indianer
- "My feelings for you are like a lesson that has been corrected instantaneously by a team of native English-speakers, and sent back to your inbox with a score of 100%!"
- "They look like tiny little bears, but they're actually part of the marsupial family, animals native to Australia."
- "Consequently, I suggest that Jean adopt a native English accent, to make himself easier to understand."
- "I'm returning to my native continent immediately, if he'll have me back."
- "Female, I would say, probably a long-beaked common dolphin, native to this region."
- "Now, while she's changing the bill, tell me a bit more about your native Sweden, I've heard it's quite cold this time of year..."
- "As far as the numerous traffic violations incurred by Mr. Marron, I can only suggest that the vast societal and cultural differences between his native country (France) and ours played a significant part in his actions."
- "Today, as my personal assistant Brian Jones and I explored this city and talked to the native people, I was struck by the differences between our two countries."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Native'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.