Übersetzung & Definition
to operate (a machine): (eine Maschine) betätigen
to operate (on somebody's heart): (jemanden am Herzen) operieren
an operation (medicine, business): eine Operation (Medizin, Handel)
UK: Do you know how to operate a photocopier?
US: The surgeon operated on her appendix.
- "A co-branding operation seems to be the obvious solution."
- "Of course, with all this information, the scammers can perform just about any operation they like with the account, including taking all the money out of it."
- "You won't be able to remove your bandages for four to six hours after the operation."
- "As a result of the operation, Mr. Connors was physically unable to drive his own car, due to the bandages covering his eyes, which is why Mr. Marron happened to be at the wheel."
- "I hope to tour your factory during operating hours, however I don't want to disturb the production process!"
- "Operated By: MIRACLE AIRLINES"
- "This looks like a rescue operation, Brent."
- "I'd really like to learn a new language or two, so I could operate more efficiently in, say, the Middle Eastern sector."
- "The only disadvantage is that some workers need to use both of their hands to operate machinery."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Operate'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.