Übersetzung & Definition
to own: besitzen
I own three cars. Ich besitze drei Autos.
(my) own (car): (mein) eigener (Wagen)
UK: Now that I'm thirty, my mum wants me to get my own home.
US: I owned a motorcycle when I was younger.
- "Although I don't own a rifle, I'm pretty sure they're not allowed on commercial flights."
- "-Stink, Bruno's dog, has his own key to the apartment."
- "Jean : Do I own my own home?"
- "We make our own glass right here in the factory."
- "I see you manage your own share portfolio."
- "Santa Claus is coming to town - especially if you own shares in Delavigne Corp!"
- "Our commitment to our customers has always been what sets us apart from our competitors, and it's time to dedicate some serious resources to a full time staff with their own space."
- "We'll have our own meeting by the coffee machine."
- "For the last 2 days we have had to immobilise him. He has been trying to lick his own bottom, he keeps dancing to the music in his head, and worst of all, he sometimes tries to polish an imaginary teapot."
- "Everyone must choose their own path, but thanks to the fine education that this school has provided for us, we have a solid foundation on which to build."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Own'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.