Übersetzung & Definition
(to be) suitable: geeignet (sein), angemessen (sein)
to suit (somebody): (jemandem) gefallen, (zu jemandem) passen
That shirt really suits you. Das Hemd steht dir wirklich.
- "Donna : Well, I was wondering if any of the accessories would be suitable for women?"
- "Sorry about the mess in this meeting room. As I suggested in our telephone conversation last week, I'm going to need some convincing that your site is suitable to sell our products."
- "Items marked "VV" are vegan, and those marked "V" are suitable for vegetarians."
- "Should you have anything suitable, I would be very grateful to view it as soon as possible."
- "I read your CV with interest, but I'm afraid to say we have no suitable vacancies at present."
- "I suggest that you either make this product suitable for vegetarians, or rename it "chicken and vegetable soup"."
- "However, I will keep your resume on file and contact you if ever a suitable position becomes available."
- "A Beretta is more suitable for a child of that age."
- "Good luck in piecing them together and ultimately choosing the most suitable candidate for the job (whatever it is)."
Immer noch nicht alles klar mit 'Suitable'? Dann probieren Sie doch mal unsere Online-Kurse aus und verbessern Sie spielerisch Ihr Englisch!
Verbessern Sie Ihr Englisch und testen Sie unsere Englischkurse gratis.