Übersetzung & Englisch-Wortschatz (See all)
I played tennis against Bjorn Borg yesterday. Ich habe gestern gegen Björn Borg Tennis gespielt.
I sat down with my back against the wall. Ich habe mich mit dem Rücken zur Wand hingesetzt.
This politician is against abortion. Dieser Politiker ist gegen Abtreibung.
against the grain gegen den Strich, gegen die Laufrichtung
to be against (something): gegen (etwas) sein
I am against this marriage. Ich bin gegen diese Heirat.
UK: I'm sitting against a wall.
US: This politician is against capital punishment.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Brian : Well it's against company policy, but just this once."
- "Since I was no longer covered, my insurance claim against Kalvin Krime was refused, even though the truck driver was the responsible party."
- "In the event of an accident, if someone files a claim against you, you could be liable for thousands of dollars in damages."
- "It's against the rules."
- "Hands against the wall."
- "Scientists unveil new deterrent against bird flu"
- "I have some very important news about the criminal cases against you Mr. Capone."
- "Professor Hyppolyte Fabuleux said 'Ever since the French flu pandemic of 1873, our nation has worn scarves to protect against the common cold and flu."
- "Hannah : I'd like to discuss the CIA's alleged use of torture techniques against terror suspects."
- "A team of French scientists is claiming a major breakthrough in the fight against the avian influenza virus (or 'bird flu'): a bird-sized scarf made of wool."
Haben Sie eine Anmerkung oder kennen Sie einen guten Trick, um keine Fehler mehr mit Against zu machen? Dann teilen Sie sie mit uns!