Übersetzung & Englisch-Wortschatz (See all)
I attempted to persuade him to sign the contract. Ich habe versucht ihn zum Unterzeichnen des Vertrags zu überreden.
an attempt: ein Versuch
My latest attempt to contact the aliens was a success. Mein letzter Versuch, Kontakt mit den Außerirdischen aufzunehmen, war ein Erfolg.
to make an attempt einen Versuch machen
an attempted murder: ein Mordanschlag, ein Mordversuch
UK: I attempted to open the cupboard, but my attempts failed.
US: The Pope was injured in an assassination attempt.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "On New Year's day, a bear in Kuala Lumpur stole a golf cart and drove it into the aquarium, where it was caught attempting to mate with a two-ton bluefin tuna."
- "In an attempt to tackle the obesity epidemic, the British government today announced a new labelling system to be used on food."
- "Trial runs in towns with high obesity levels have shown that consumers are likely to avoid unhealthy products if they have a picture of an unhealthy body on them. As part of the new regulations, healthier food options will also feature a photo of a slim and sexy person, in an attempt to lure consumers towards these products."
- "The British twins decided to get the group back together last month in a transparent attempt to make more money."
- "with your attempts at grammar"
- "His first attempts were quite successful."
- "Consequently, any attempts to mark my birthday with celebrations will NOT be well received!"
- "In an attempt to teach you the value of money, you will receive $300 to last you to the end of the month."
- "Joan Wayne attempted to scare the shark by firing at its dorsal fin, then challenged the shark to a duel, running into the water with pistols drawn."
Haben Sie eine Anmerkung oder kennen Sie einen guten Trick, um keine Fehler mehr mit Attempt zu machen? Dann teilen Sie sie mit uns!