Übersetzung & Englisch-Wortschatz (See all)
Auf despite folgt direkt ein Substantiv (oder ein Verb in der Form des Gerundiums):
Despite his size, he was a very good athlete. Trotz seiner Größe war er ein sehr guter Athlet. (oder In spite of his size...)
Despite eating burgers every day, she never gains weight. Trotz der Hamburger, die sie täglich isst, nimmt sie nie zu.
UK: I enjoyed our trip to the Seychelles, despite the weather.
US: Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "You'll be pleased to know that despite our little incident, I managed to talk those suckers at "Smells R Us" into renewing their orders for the upcoming year."
- "Despite making up only 2% of the world's population, the Japanese account for one fifth of skin care sales."
- "Despite their reputation for spontaneous combustion in the 1930s, airships are back."
- "Anyway, despite your commendable efforts, I have decided it would be best to hire the janitor through a cleaning agency."
- "They are trying to break me, Bruno, and I am afraid that despite my rugged, tough exterior, I may not last."
- "First of all, you'll be happy to know that despite Bruno's absence, our shareholders still have confidence in us."
- "Despite gloomy financial forecasts for its competitors, the perfume giant is set to have one of their most successful Christmases ever with sales up 15% since this time last year."
- "Despite these steps, the server is still on its death bed."
- "However, despite my tastes and means, I cannot be expected to keep buying fine art out of my own pocket, and I will bring up the matter of finances at the next shareholders meeting."
- "It's true that Stickypedia is maintained by anonymous volunteers rather than renowned experts, but despite this, it works remarkably well!"
Haben Sie eine Anmerkung oder kennen Sie einen guten Trick, um keine Fehler mehr mit Despite zu machen? Dann teilen Sie sie mit uns!