Übersetzung & Englisch-Wortschatz (See all)
a union (between two people): ein Bund (der Ehe) (zwischen zwei Personen)
UK: I complained to my union when I was fired.
US: The young couple were joined in harmonious union.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "In the US, the loss of industrial jobs and the rise of a global economy have threatened the higher wages that union members once enjoyed."
- "Economist Adam F Smythe explains: 'Private sector companies are less inclined to hire union labor because of the restrictions it imposes upon their business models'."
- "There is power in a union."
- "Bruno : Okay Leonard, when you talk about 'the people', and 'the workers', and your 'comrades', you do realize that union members make up just 1.3 percent of the staff at Delavigne?"
- "Brian : Hmmm. I do know that some of our union workers are interested in French training."
- "these days they just come in a different form. Smythe says that private sector companies are finding ways to compensate workers without using union labor, 'The perks that a dotcom like Doodle provides for its staff, without any union interference, are unbelievable: free meals, childcare, dry cleaning services, gold-leafed toilet paper, the list goes on and on."
- "In Sweden, more than a fifth of the population belongs to a union."
- "Philip : We have a union?"
- "Globalization may signal the end for the traditional American union, but workers' rights are far from dead."
Haben Sie eine Anmerkung oder kennen Sie einen guten Trick, um keine Fehler mehr mit Union zu machen? Dann teilen Sie sie mit uns!