English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(to study) abroad: (to study) in another country, in a foreign country, overseas
I'm going to study abroad. I live in France but I'm going to a university in Greece for nine months.
- "Universidad de la República, Study Abroad Office, Montevideo, Uruguay"
- "Fashion insiders predict that within two years D&C will be outsourcing abroad for cheaper labour and materials, eliminating the biggest advantage that D&C had over its competitors."
- "In the mid-90s, Shmike was one of the hottest stocks on the market: their products were dominant domestically and abroad."
- "I would like to get some more facts and figures about our subcontractors, and the conditions of the workers in our manufacturing plants abroad."
- "So you guys are interested in living and working abroad?"
- "But I'm afraid America is not abroad."
- "I also worked closely with study abroad offices from other universities."
- "Jean : But we are already living and working abroad!"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Abroad'? Share it with us!