English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
to adopt: to raise another person's child within one's own family; to choose, to embrace, to accept
We've decided to adopt a child. We're going to raise him as if he were our own.
We urge you to adopt this bill. Please accept it, it's very important.
- "Should I adopt Lucy from Las Vegas?"
- "It looks like I'll be adopting a little girl."
- "Consequently, I suggest that Jean adopt a native English accent, to make himself easier to understand."
- "Brian : I think you should adopt her Donna."
- "I just received a call from a little girl who is obviously very cute, and she's asked me to adopt her."
- "We adopted an African child together."
- "Go on Donna, adopt this mysterious child."
- "To help you achieve your goals, I need you to adopt some new habits."
- "Donna : I don't know about that Jean, but the question is: should I adopt a little girl from Las Vegas?"
- "Should I adopt little Lucy?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Adopt'? Share it with us!