English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
approximately: about, around, close to, more or less, roughly
We're approximately ten minutes from her house. In around ten minutes we'll be there.
- "The victim, American cowgirl Joan Wayne, arrived at the beach at approximately 13:30 with friends, Sydney and Opera Smith and random Indian Horatio Oléré."
- "Nina : Approximately ten days, sir."
- "Did you know that on average, it takes approximately 6 favorable impressions to overcome 1 unfavorable impression?"
- "I've found approximately 1.2 million dollars under the cushions of the couch in my office!"
- "Our flying time is approximately 37 hours and 59 minutes."
- "I'm actually standing approximately half a mile from the tornado right now."
- "At approximately 15:00, 26th July 2011, a shark attack off of Bondi Beach resulted in one fatality."
- "According to unnamed sources, the hot air balloon was commandeered by eccentric fragrance enthusiast Bruno Delavigne at approximately 11:30 pm."
- "Rachid took a wrong turn over Barcelona and now we're approximately 100 kilometers south of Porto."
- "At approximately 14:53, a great white shark was spotted offshore, and lifeguards ordered swimmers out of the water."
Still having difficulties with 'Approximately'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Approximately'? Share it with us!