English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a shop assistant: a sales person, someone who works in a shop
UK: I employ an assistant to help me with my research.
US: Spencer is a shop assistant for a big department store.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Shop assistant : There you go."
- "Shop assistant : Olives!"
- "Assistant : It's a fairground ride."
- "Shop assistant : Huh?"
- "Shop assistant : Hello there sir!"
- "If it's ok, I prefer assistant."
- "Shop assistant : Grammes?"
- "Assistant : Sure."
- "How will Jones balance the needs of Europe with his responsibilities as a special assistant in San Francisco?"
- "I'm sure you'll find the job as gratifying as I found picking up your soiled tissues and discarded chocolate wrappers for the past decade as your special assistant."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Assistant'? Share it with us!