Away from one's desk
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(to be) away from (one's desk): (to be) absent from, not present at (one's office table)
Mr. Delavigne is away from his desk right now. May I take a message?
- "I am currently away from my desk or taking another call."
- "I'm either away from my desk or taking another call right now."
- "Icarus : Actually, I have been away from work for a few days due to health problems. I've been suffering from extreme stress."
- "As you may know, I have a growing family and my children demand most of my free time away from work."
- "I am either away from my desk or taking another call."
- "Miss Stake : It seems to me that you spend a lot of time away from the office, Miss Bliss."
- "This program only applies for transfers away from America."
- "I'm away from my office or on the phone right now, but please leave a detailed message with your name and phone number at the tone, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Away from one's desk'? Share it with us!