Away from one's desk
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(to be) away from (one's desk): (to be) absent from, not present at (one's office table)
Mr. Delavigne is away from his desk right now. May I take a message?
- "As you may know, I have a growing family and my children demand most of my free time away from work."
- "I'm away from my office or on the phone right now, but please leave a detailed message with your name and phone number at the tone, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible."
- "Miss Stake : It seems to me that you spend a lot of time away from the office, Miss Bliss."
- "Icarus : Actually, I have been away from work for a few days due to health problems. I've been suffering from extreme stress."
- "I am either away from my desk or taking another call."
- "I'm either away from my desk or taking another call right now."
- "This program only applies for transfers away from America."
- "I am currently away from my desk or taking another call."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Away from one's desk'? Share it with us!