Definition Away from one's desk
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
(to be) away from (one's desk): (to be) absent from, not present at (one's office table)
Mr. Delavigne is away from his desk right now. May I take a message?
- "I'm either away from my desk or taking another call right now."
- "Icarus : Actually, I have been away from work for a few days due to health problems. I've been suffering from extreme stress."
- "Miss Stake : It seems to me that you spend a lot of time away from the office, Miss Bliss."
- "I'm away from my office or on the phone right now, but please leave a detailed message with your name and phone number at the tone, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible."
- "I am either away from my desk or taking another call."
- "As you may know, I have a growing family and my children demand most of my free time away from work."
- "I am currently away from my desk or taking another call."
- "This program only applies for transfers away from America."
Still having difficulties with 'Away from one's desk'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Away from one's desk'? Share it with us!