English vocabulary and translations (See all)
barely: hardly, narrowly, only just, scarcely
I barely know the guy who just asked me out!' I don't know him very well at all.
I barely caught my plane! I got to the departure gate only five minutes before the plane left!
- "My prices are so small you can barely see them."
- "Day 15 : I barely have the strength to write this entry."
- "Moira, get me a glass of water, I can barely contain my excitement."
- "I can barely –"
- "San Francisco - In a move that is barely newsworthy, Industrial Fruit Concern Inc. (NASDAQ: IFC) has made a multi-billion dollar offer to acquire a local juice boutique."
- "I had barely started reading your e-mail before I began laughing hysterically."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Barely'? Share it with us!