English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
behind: at the back of; further away than; after, following
My keys were behind the desk; they had fallen down the back.
Bob already has over 10 years of IT experience behind him; 5 years as a technician, and 5 years running an IT company.
I've put all that behind me. As far as I'm concerned it is now in the past.
to be behind somebody to support, to be on the side of somebody
- "The technology behind these perfumed adverts is quite simple."
- "The basic philosophy behind the movement is that eating locally has ecological value: The carbon footprint of Kobe beef which has made the trip from Japan to New York has more of an environmental impact than a piece of fresh meat from the local farmer's market."
- "The styles of the 80s may be a thing of the past, but the concept behind power dressing is as relevant as ever."
- "Bruno Delavigne, CEO of the Delavigne Corporation, explains the idea behind this unique project."
- "Donna : Okay, I'm just going to hide behind my desk and start the machine."
- "I was all work and no play, a ghost behind a screen"
- "Art dealer : You mean the circle was behind the squares?"
- "Behind us is man with funny hat, and over there large river."
- "It's behind the bar, here."
- "With each "groundbreaking", "must-have" widget added to the Ephone store comes another way to tune out from the real world (you know, that thing that you see through the window behind your computer screen?"
Still having difficulties with 'Behind'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Behind'? Share it with us!