English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
behind: at the back of; further away than; after, following
My keys were behind the desk; they had fallen down the back.
Bob already has over 10 years of IT experience behind him; 5 years as a technician, and 5 years running an IT company.
I've put all that behind me. As far as I'm concerned it is now in the past.
to be behind somebody to support, to be on the side of somebody
- "I was all work and no play, a ghost behind a screen"
- "Bruno Delavigne, CEO of the Delavigne Corporation, explains the idea behind this unique project."
- "It's behind the bar, here."
- "With each "groundbreaking", "must-have" widget added to the Ephone store comes another way to tune out from the real world (you know, that thing that you see through the window behind your computer screen?"
- "The technology behind these perfumed adverts is quite simple."
- "The styles of the 80s may be a thing of the past, but the concept behind power dressing is as relevant as ever."
- "The basic philosophy behind the movement is that eating locally has ecological value: The carbon footprint of Kobe beef which has made the trip from Japan to New York has more of an environmental impact than a piece of fresh meat from the local farmer's market."
- "Behind us is man with funny hat, and over there large river."
- "Donna : Okay, I'm just going to hide behind my desk and start the machine."
- "Art dealer : You mean the circle was behind the squares?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Behind'? Share it with us!