Definition Department store
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a department store: a large shop divided into several different parts (Harrods, BHV, KADEWE, El Corte Inglés, etc.)
- "I owe a lot of the success of my department stores to him and his perfumes."
- "It could be that the economic downturn in this country is finally having an effect on Warbuckle's Department Stores."
- "I was a no-good cowboy with a failed department store and a ton of debt."
- "The big meeting with Dillon's Department Stores has been postponed until tomorrow."
- "I didn't know that Warbuckle's Department Stores was in such difficulty."
- "He's got department stores from here to."
- "No matter how much your department stores are grossing every month, there's no way you can stay out of personal debt when you're spending like this."
- "After the Warbuckle sex scandal, the "Department Store massacre", the Warbuckle fake moon landing, and other indiscretions by the retail king, could this be the straw that breaks the camel's back?"
- "It's that time again: time for our quarterly review of sales of Delavigne products at Warbuckle's Department Stores."
- "When I opened my first department store, I was skeptical too."
Still having difficulties with 'Department store'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Department store'? Share it with us!