English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
(to do your) homework: (to complete) work which teachers give you to do at home; to research a subject
Attention, homework is always singular:
I have a lot of homework to do today. I have work to do for my geography teacher and some maths exercises too.
UK: The dog ate my homework.
US: I have a lot of homework to do today.
- "Now, go finish your homework."
- "Was anybody able to solve yesterday's homework problem?"
- "Sounds like you've really done your homework here Sue."
- "And Cheeter, I suggest you double and triple check all of your research, as I'm sure Miss Bliss is going to do her homework, as she usually does."
- "Mr. Wang : I see that you have done your homework, Mr. Delavigne."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Homework'? Share it with us!