English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(to do your) homework: (to complete) work which teachers give you to do at home; to research a subject
Attention, homework is always singular:
I have a lot of homework to do today. I have work to do for my geography teacher and some maths exercises too.
UK: The dog ate my homework.
US: I have a lot of homework to do today.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Sounds like you've really done your homework here Sue."
- "Mr. Wang : I see that you have done your homework, Mr. Delavigne."
- "Now, go finish your homework."
- "Was anybody able to solve yesterday's homework problem?"
- "And Cheeter, I suggest you double and triple check all of your research, as I'm sure Miss Bliss is going to do her homework, as she usually does."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Homework'? Share it with us!