Definition Not only
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Not only (did she steal my car, but she also took my dog!): It is not just that (she stole my car, but she additionally took my dog!)
- "I fear not only for our safety, but for our sanity."
- "Not only did I lose the deal, but Stink ruined my favorite pair of pants."
- "The photographs, taken by current Delavigne special assistant Brian Jones, are not only titillating an audience of people with nothing better to do, but also have the potential to reflect poorly on the Delavigne Corporation."
- "Not only are melody and rhythm essential ingredients in the perfume-making process, I believe they are essential for all forms of work."
- "Not only will you be astounded by the sound, but you will also be contributing to one of the most remarkable technological turnarounds in recent history."
- "Philip seems very satisfied with his training, so now I urge each of you to pursue a training program which will be beneficial not only to you, but the company as well."
- "I have finished my tour of the company and it is worse than I thought: not only has Delavigne become a faceless, money-grabbing corporation, but it has also lost its "music"!"
- "However, I can tell you that the initiative kills two birds with one stone: not only should it improve the level of hygiene in the office, it will also provide a permanent use for otherwise useless intern, Edward Moon."
- "I feel more prepared to take a leadership position not only in the workplace, but also at the head of a small country again, if ever the need arises."
- "Not only are private plane flights expensive and wasteful, but Horatio is terrified of machines, with the exception of his juicer."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Not only'? Share it with us!