English vocabulary and translations (See all)
overseas: abroad, in a foreign country
I have been living overseas for 15 years. I'm from Australia but I've lived in Japan for the last 15 years.
UK: I did my studies overseas because I'm terribly rich.
US: I take at least eight overseas vacations per year.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Horatio : This month I needed special ingredients from overseas."
- "In fact, the majority of Swedes speak excellent English thanks to a strong foreign trade policy, frequent overseas travel, and subtitled films in their original versions."
- "It could be some bad investments overseas."
- "You going overseas?"
- "It outlines our projected earnings for the quarter and offers a comprehensive listing of our new overseas prospects."
- "Connors works with our subcontractors overseas, particularly in Asia."
- "Works with all DC subcontractors overseas, particularly in Asia."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Overseas'? Share it with us!