English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a potato: a white vegetable that grows underground (eaten mashed, in gratins, as chips, etc.)
Note the plural: potatoes
Mashed potatoes taste great with sausages, green beans, and gravy.
- "Rump steak with beetroot purée, sautéed potatoes, and sage fritters"
- "Potato, 'pohtato', tomato, 'tomahto', let's call the whole thing off."
- "Day 3 : Our tasks include washing dishes, peeling potatoes, and having our spirit slowly crushed by the inexorable passing of time."
- "Potato soup"
- "I say tomato, you say tomato, I say potato, you say potato, but ironically enough I don't understand a word you're saying."
- "Potatoes and snails and mustard"
- "Or what about the Irish potato famine?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Potato'? Share it with us!