English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a rumor (US), a rumour (UK): gossip, an unconfirmed story
Philip has denied all rumors of sleeping with Luna. A lot of people think it's true but no-one knows for sure.
Rumor has it that Luna was Cleopatra in a past life.
Who started the rumor that Icarus is scared of the dark? Do you know who started spreading this story?
- "The rumor that you're going to be murdered."
- "Instead, I intend to ruin the reputation of a good man through a combination of rumors, internet research and wild speculation*."
- "A rumor that Horatio Oleré, the acclaimed nose of the Delavigne Corporation, has in fact, left the company."
- "Just one month ago, IFC reportedly made a billion-dollar offer to acquire the innovative American juice store after hearing rumors of the 'magical' properties of their products."
- "Edward : Well, you know, I just thought that you might be concerned about the rumor."
- "What rumor?"
- "Horatio : Rumor?"
- "It is an ugly rumor."
- "There is a rumor circulating here at the Delavigne Corporation, and in the press."
- "Celebrity Rumors.com - Reporting news about celebrities, because they are better than you!"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Rumor'? Share it with us!