English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a spreadsheet: a computer program with rows and columns (usually used for finances), like "Microsoft Excel"
UK: A spreadsheet is a computer program used to organize data.
US: I use a spreadsheet to keep a record of our sales figures.
- "I have to get these figures from our California retail stores into this spreadsheet, out of that printer, and then onto Philip's desk in the next six minutes, and you are really stressing me out!"
- "He was showing her how to use spreadsheets."
- "Designed Exsmell spreadsheets to keep track of my personal fortune."
- "You e-mailed me Bruno's expenses for this month, but I think you forgot to include the spreadsheet."
- "Icarus : Yes, I just got in this morning and I tried to open one of my favorite spreadsheets, when I noticed it was missing!"
- "I'll crunch you like numbers on a spreadsheet!"
- "Attached to this e-mail you will find a spreadsheet listing the size of the biggest e-mail accounts in the company."
- "I've attached a spreadsheet that will help me select the best day for the picnic."
- "I'm sure I would help create a convivial working atmosphere at Delavigne and you would soon fall in love with my spreadsheets, which are actually quite serious."
- "I have triple checked my spreadsheets and all the numbers seem to add up."
Still having difficulties with 'Spreadsheet'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Spreadsheet'? Share it with us!