English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to suggest: to recommend, to propose, to advise
suggestive: which implies something (often of a sexual nature)
UK: I suggest that you take a shower.
US: Any other suggestions?
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Please find below our personalized suggestions for new profiles for your managers on the social media site, LockedIn, based on what we know about each of them. We think that this 'facelift' will improve the company's reputation and even provide new business opportunities."
- "I have a suggestion that I think would be very helpful in boosting the morale of the staff."
- "He is not your average 12 year old, so we have provided you with a short list of suggestions and guidelines"
- "Bruno : I suggest a black turtleneck and some business slacks."
- "In response to an anonymous suggestion placed in the suggestion box last week, I am pleased to inform you that a company retreat has been planned for next month in Half Moon Bay."
- "Please respond to this e-mail if you have any suggestions."
- "I suggest you try the 'Dim Sum'."
- "Brian : Well, I suggest we produce a new cheese called Camem-burg."
- "Any suggestions to help me further dull my senses during the festivities are more than welcome."
- "And since the weather has been beautiful of late, I suggest a pool party or barbecue weekend."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Suggestion'? Share it with us!