Definition To infect
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to infect: to contaminate, to transmit disease to; to poison, to corrupt
The system is infected with a virus. We now have no access to it.
- "It then became infected after he refused medical attention, citing his lifelong contempt for modern medicine."
- "It crashed several times in the past few weeks, and I think it may have recently infected the whole network."
- "The scarf would protect the birds by preventing them from breathing in infected air particles."
- "I got a problem. I think my computer's been infected with a virus."
- "We managed to identify and destroy the virus before it infected any other machines on the network, which is extremely good news."
- "Since last Wednesday, an extremely dangerous virus has been infecting computers in homes and offices all over the world, and it's spreading quickly."
Still having difficulties with 'To infect'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'To infect'? Share it with us!