English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
torture: a process of inflicting pain on someone, causing someone pain (usually in order to force them to reveal information)
- "She's an instrument of torture, the most terrifying known to man."
- "Robot : Murder, torture and genocide should be avoided if possible."
- "I must go and finish
- "Brian : Very well: pigeons, prostitutes, torture, beer."
- "Have you murdered, imprisoned or tortured loyal subjects by mistake or on a whim?"
- "Hannah : I'd like to discuss the CIA's alleged use of torture techniques against terror suspects."
- "How does it torture people?"
Still having difficulties with 'Torture'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Torture'? Share it with us!