English vocabulary and translations (See all)
towards: in relation to, with respect to
UK: They're saving money towards a new house.
US: Let's take a walk towards the river.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Trial runs in towns with high obesity levels have shown that consumers are likely to avoid unhealthy products if they have a picture of an unhealthy body on them. As part of the new regulations, healthier food options will also feature a photo of a slim and sexy person, in an attempt to lure consumers towards these products."
- "Follow it down through the valleys towards the ocean of spirituality."
- "With the aid of air traffic controllers, Mr. Marron was able to guide the plane towards the airport runway."
- "Moreover, US pollution is being carried by wind currents towards the South Pole, close to Australia."
- "Bruno assures me that Fiona's presence in our offices is more of a gesture of good faith towards the investors than a criticism of our work habits."
- "I wish to continue developing my career path towards management."
- "animosity towards us foreigners."
- "Now I'm standing inside the huge entrance hall, looking towards the main gallery space."
- "You can keep your current frequent flyer miles, and as a new customer with Loman's, you get a bonus 10 miles towards the airline of your choice."
- "Even in markets which appear saturated such as Europe and North America, shoppers increase their purchases of Delavigne products towards the holiday season."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Towards'? Share it with us!