Definition Try one's best
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to try, do one's best: to make a big effort, to attempt with all one's energy
I can only try my best. I can't guarantee that I'll succeed, but I'll try!
- "I will do my best to get laid."
- "I'm going to do my best to convince him to become the exclusive carrier of Delavigne's new boxed set."
- "Jean : I have been trying my best!"
- "We have done our best to reduce the size of our own e-mail accounts by deleting e-mails older than 90 days, as well as e-mails with large attachments."
- "Edward : Well, I'll do my best."
- "I'll do my best."
- "I have a bit of a cold, but I will do my best."
- "We want them to believe that you truly regret missing their call, and that you will do your best to call them back as soon as you are able."
- "Jean : Okay, I'll try my best to help you."
Still having difficulties with 'Try one's best'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Try one's best'? Share it with us!