English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a turnout: the number of people who attend an event, the audience
There was a good turnout at the polls this year. More people voted than ever before.
- "I'm glad to welcome you all here to the Luxor Lakes Resort and Casino, and I'm happy to see such a great turnout for this event."
- "Glad to see such a fine turnout."
- "Voter turnout all over the developed world has been in decline since the 1960's."
- "Of course, our friends in Australia have found a drastic solution to the problem of low turnouts."
- "There was a decent turnout: Icarus, Luna, and Philip all made it."
- "Let's move on to today's topic: voter turnout."
- "Bruno : Welcome everybody, what a great turnout we have here."
- "Please let me know ASAP whether you are available: I'm hoping for a great turnout."
- "Brent : Good morning listeners and welcome to today's Radio Rhubarb political segment, where we'll be talking about voter turnout."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Turnout'? Share it with us!