Why don't you
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
Why don't you (call her?): You should, you could (telephone her)
Note that this expression can be used in an ironic or sarcastic sense:
Why don't you just ask for a raise while you're at it?
- "Philip : Well normally I'd say hell yes, but why don't we just get down to business instead?"
- "Why don't you hold hands?"
- "Why don't we start by getting dressed?"
- "Why don't we just have a little jam sesh on the old bagpipes?"
- "Ommmmmm. Brian, why don't you lead us off?"
- "Why don't you open up the suitcase and find out?"
- "Why don't you come back and we can talk this out?"
- "Come on, babe, why don't we paint the town, and all that jazz."
- "Brian : Why don't you grab a coffee and then I'll take you to Bruno's office."
- "You're not going to conform to my narrow vision of what a Scottish person is, so why don't you tell me what you're good at?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Why don't you'? Share it with us!