Definition Why don't you
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
Why don't you (call her?): You should, you could (telephone her)
Note that this expression can be used in an ironic or sarcastic sense:
Why don't you just ask for a raise while you're at it?
- "Why don't we start by getting dressed?"
- "Why don't you hold hands?"
- "Come on, babe, why don't we paint the town, and all that jazz."
- "Why don't you come back and we can talk this out?"
- "Ommmmmm. Brian, why don't you lead us off?"
- "Why don't you open up the suitcase and find out?"
- "Philip : Well normally I'd say hell yes, but why don't we just get down to business instead?"
- "Why don't you come to bed?"
- "Brian : Why don't you grab a coffee and then I'll take you to Bruno's office."
- "Mr. Cheeter, why don't you come up to the board and show us how you think this problem should be solved?"
Still having difficulties with 'Why don't you'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Why don't you'? Share it with us!