Wireless access point
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a wireless access point: a device that allows communication devices which do not have cables to connect to the Internet
A wireless access point is either a hardware device or a computer's software that serves as a communication hub to connect to a wired LAN.
- "Techie : And what kind of access points are they?"
- "Most recently I was trying to set up a wireless connection for the servers in our network, but I'm having some difficulty because the wireless access points which I purchased don't seem to be compatible with the servers we use."
- "If you have newer servers, I'd advise you to replace the older access points with the 11g."
- "Bob : So I should probably return all these access points I just bought."
- "Are you aware that 11b access points are used for home networks, whereas 11g access points are more suited to businesses?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Wireless access point'? Share it with us!