Wireless access point
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a wireless access point: a device that allows communication devices which do not have cables to connect to the Internet
A wireless access point is either a hardware device or a computer's software that serves as a communication hub to connect to a wired LAN.
- "Are you aware that 11b access points are used for home networks, whereas 11g access points are more suited to businesses."
- "Most recently I was trying to set up a wireless connection for the servers in our network, but I'm having some difficulty because the wireless access points which I purchased don't seem to be compatible with the servers we use."
- "If you have newer servers, I'd advise you to replace the older access points with the 11g."
- "Bob : So I should probably return all these access points I just bought."
- "Techie : And what kind of access points are they?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Wireless access point'? Share it with us!