English vocabulary and translations (See all)
above: on top of; over, in a higher position
He thinks he's above everyone and everything. He's convinced he's so superior.
UK: As you can see, my head is above my chest.
US: Celebrities can do what they want. They're above the law.
- "The above points probably seem obvious to most of us, but the great aunt Margarets of this world might find them useful."
- "You have a $500 deductible on your comprehensive and collision coverage, meaning that Ouch Insurance will pay for any damages above this amount."
- "The massive skylight above us illuminates the entire space with natural light."
- "The market has been driven by an exchange rate that has risen above two dollars to the British pound for the first time since the early 1980s."
- "Bruno : No, I'll give you a good price: at or above our suggested list prices."
- "Concretely, this means that we do not ask candidates about their religion or ethnicity, if they have or plan to have children, and we do not make any assumptions or jokes about any of the above subjects."
- "And all the workers are paid the minimum wage or above?"
- "I am quite happy to consider any of the above options, as long as it's number 4."
- "I've put the plaque above my bed."
- "Standing above him was his friend and doctor, Otto von Headcold."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Above'? Share it with us!