English vocabulary and translations (See all)
above: on top of; over, in a higher position
He thinks he's above everyone and everything. He's convinced he's so superior.
UK: As you can see, my head is above my chest.
US: Celebrities can do what they want. They're above the law.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Bruno : No, I'll give you a good price: at or above our suggested list prices."
- "The above points probably seem obvious to most of us, but the great aunt Margarets of this world might find them useful."
- "The massive skylight above us illuminates the entire space with natural light."
- "And all the workers are paid the minimum wage or above?"
- "You have a $500 deductible on your comprehensive and collision coverage, meaning that Ouch Insurance will pay for any damages above this amount."
- "Standing above him was his friend and doctor, Otto von Headcold."
- "I've put the plaque above my bed."
- "The market has been driven by an exchange rate that has risen above two dollars to the British pound for the first time since the early 1980s."
- "I am quite happy to consider any of the above options, as long as it's number 4."
- "Concretely, this means that we do not ask candidates about their religion or ethnicity, if they have or plan to have children, and we do not make any assumptions or jokes about any of the above subjects."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Above'? Share it with us!