English vocabulary and translations (See all)
actually: in fact, in effect, in reality
Note: actually does NOT mean currently.
Despite being slightly fat, he was actually very healthy.
It's a very sunny day in the mountains, but it's actually very cold.
UK: I actually prefer fruit to chocolate.
US: Although he imitates the British accent perfectly, he's actually an American.
- "Susie : It's more like what he wasn't doing actually."
- "Actually I'm expecting twins!"
- "Brian : Um, well um… actually I do have quite a slight preference for…"
- "ACTUALLY I'M GOING 2 THE CONCERT 2!"
- "Susie : I'm actually just CEO until Bruno comes back, but thank you."
- "Two of them actually came to greet me at the airport: a tour guide and a translator."
- "At the hotel room, well, I did actually receive an important phone call, otherwise I would have happily made love to her."
- "That's actually why I came back here to London, to get the unconditional love and support of my loving family."
- "Philip : Actually we're in Paris to find our friends."
- "Susie : I'm not sure, actually."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Actually'? Share it with us!