English vocabulary and translations (See all)
actually: in fact, in effect, in reality
Note: actually does NOT mean currently.
Despite being slightly fat, he was actually very healthy.
It's a very sunny day in the mountains, but it's actually very cold.
UK: I actually prefer fruit to chocolate.
US: Although he imitates the British accent perfectly, he's actually an American.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Rather well, actually."
- "But I've actually got three guitars, and I don't think there are any microfiches in any of them - only hit songs."
- "Brian : I am actually headed to San Francisco."
- "Susie : I'm actually just CEO until Bruno comes back, but thank you."
- "Actually, I hate them."
- "Brent : Good morning everyone, this is Brent Vanderplop reporting live from Peking, China, which is actually called 'Beijing, China'."
- "Brian : Um, well um… actually I do have quite a slight preference for…"
- "ACTUALLY I'M GOING 2 THE CONCERT 2!"
- "Wearing this suit actually makes me feel like a better person."
- "Actually, this seems like a good time to officially tell you Bruno, I'm.."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Actually'? Share it with us!