English vocabulary and translations (See all)
I need some advice. Can you please give me some suggestions about what you think I should do?
to give advice (to sbdy) : to counsel, to guide, to inform (sbdy)
UK: Telling me to clean my computer in the bath was bad advice!
US: I advise you to dry it in the oven.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Harold : Hey, thanks for the advice Bruno."
- "Edward : Great advice, Papa."
- "Our advice to concert-goers: if you enjoy vulgar language, prepare to be delighted!"
- "Janine : Well Brent, in light of recent job cuts, Radio Rhubarb has prepared some advice on what NOT to do when applying for a job."
- "Thanks in advance for any advice"
- "Okay guys, thanks for the advice."
- "What advice do you have for us?"
- "Please be patient with him and listen to his advice."
- "Ok guys, thanks for the advice."
- "However, we don't want to run the risk of contracting this or other viruses in the future, so here are some words of friendly advice"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Advice'? Share it with us!