English vocabulary and translations (See all)
after (dinner we'll go to the movies): following, later than (dinner we'll go to the movies)
UK: Would you like to have a drink after work?
US: You can have a whisky after you've finished that vodka.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "As you all know, we recently lost our CEO Bruno Delavigne, and shortly afterwards our interim CEO Susan Bliss, who ran off with Bruno after a very interesting wedding in London."
- "(In English) Please leave a message after the gong."
- "Special terms and conditions: Any stock that remains unsold six (6) months after the delivery date will be bought back in full by the Delavigne Corporation (at the same price as stated above) within ten (10) working days."
- "Glitches after receiving phone calls from his mother, like the human version."
- "Horatio, Glen has asked that you skip this class after hearing about the “Pilates Incident” of 2012."
- "After undergoing successful therapy, I have now embarked upon the greatest endeavor of my career - becoming a painter."
- "Washing your hands after visiting the men's room"
- "I am delighted to say that after nine long rounds of interviews, we have finally arrived at the very, very, very, VERY shortlist."
- "Please leave a message after this HUMAN MADE beep."
- "Removed Philip's testosterone chip after inappropriate joke about silicon implants."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'After'? Share it with us!