English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
after (dinner we'll go to the movies): following, later than (dinner we'll go to the movies)
UK: Would you like to have a drink after work?
US: You can have a whisky after you've finished that vodka.
- "As you all know, we recently lost our CEO Bruno Delavigne, and shortly afterwards our interim CEO Susan Bliss, who ran off with Bruno after a very interesting wedding in London."
- "After several rounds of interviews, I have made a decision on my new special assistant."
- "Special terms and conditions: Any stock that remains unsold six (6) months after the delivery date will be bought back in full by the Delavigne Corporation (at the same price as stated above) within ten (10) working days."
- "After University I married my sweetheart Jeffrey and we've been together for 8 years now."
- "Glitches after receiving phone calls from his mother, like the human version."
- "After London, after Paris, I'm in Kalackistan."
- "Susie : After dinner, Bruno took me to the hotel."
- "Please leave a message after this HUMAN MADE beep."
- "(After the music)"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'After'? Share it with us!