English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
apparently: it appears that, seemingly, on the face of it, supposedly
Apparently, you didn't go to the meeting. At least, that's what John said.
- "The "Smellies" will be broadcast live on network television in over 60 countries around the world, so this is a great opportunity for publicity, even if we don't win, though I've heard some rumours, and apparently we're the favourites!"
- "Apparently you have an "M.Sc."
- "Sigourney : That's all very nice, but apparently Miss BümBüm and Mr Delavigne were seen."
- "Philip : Well Edward, a guy from the FBI wants a microfiche, and apparently there's a microfiche hidden in your guitar."
- "Apparently they've been surveying our communication for some time now."
- "Apparently my grandfather insisted that I be married before receiving the inheritance."
- "Apparently, the painting reminds him very much of his grandmother, who was also red, ugly and had your signature on her bottom."
- "Apparently, my job is so boring even a robot refuses to do it."
- "Apparently, as his chosen heir, I'm going to inherit his estate."
- "As some of you are no doubt aware, May Day, also known as International Workers' Day) is this Friday, and apparently a few thousand people will be celebrating with a mass protest on the streets of San Francisco."
Still having difficulties with 'Apparently'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Apparently'? Share it with us!