English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
an appointment: a meeting, an engagement
To make an appointment To arrange, to fix, to organize a meeting
UK: I'd like to make an appointment to see the doctor.
US: This is a funeral home. It's too early to make an appointment with us.
- "It allows me to organize my time, remember appointments-"
- "Following our meeting on Tuesday, I'd like to arrange an appointment ASAP to talk about flexible working hours."
- "I have an appointment to have my shoes shined at 3:00, and I don't like to be rushed."
- "I have an appointment with Dr. Bob Loblaw for a laser eye surgery."
- "I'd like to confirm my appointment for next Tuesday at 2.30PM.""
- "I don't recall having any appointments this morning."
- "I can arrange an appointment with an officer right now if you like."
- "Doris : Hello Mr Cheeter, how was your dental appointment?"
- "As per your request, I have scheduled an appointment with Dr. Donna Donovan."
- "Philip : It wasn't a dental appointment Doris."
Still having difficulties with 'Appointment'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Appointment'? Share it with us!