English vocabulary and translations (See all)
an area: a place, a zone, a region; a field, a section, a topic
in the San Francisco area in San Francisco and the surrounding region
in the area close to, around, in the region, near
That's not my area of expertise. That's not a subject I know a lot about.
UK: Bruno lives in the most expensive area of San Francisco.
US: Genetics is a scientific area which interests me.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Though you still show much difficulty respecting our ‘no touching' rule, you have demonstrated great progress in the following areas"
- "Well, we've canvassed the entire area, and spoken to several marine mammals."
- "As far as your tasks go, I require growth in the following areas"
- "My future plans are to leave the city as soon as possible, assume a new identity and start a new life in a murder-free area."
- "We have intelligence that points to a single suspect: an Amazonian national named Horatio Oléré, living in the San Francisco area."
- "On a lighter note, I was wondering if you could recommend some restaurants in the area."
- "Well, I think the area you're looking for is the Castro District."
- "Kiwi bloke : No, the area, the gay village."
- "The seats are in the 'Premium Orchestra' area, in row 8."
- "This meeting room is a communal area, sometimes used for internal meetings"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Area'? Share it with us!