English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
an area: a place, a zone, a region; a field, a section, a topic
in the San Francisco area in San Francisco and the surrounding region
in the area close to, around, in the region, near
That's not my area of expertise. That's not a subject I know a lot about.
UK: Bruno lives in the most expensive area of San Francisco.
US: Genetics is a scientific area which interests me.
- "My future plans are to leave the city as soon as possible, assume a new identity and start a new life in a murder-free area."
- "Though you still show much difficulty respecting our "no touching" rule, you have demonstrated great progress in the following areas"
- "On a lighter note, I was wondering if you could recommend some restaurants in the area."
- "The seats are in the 'Premium Orchestra' area, in row 8."
- "Well, I think the area you're looking for is the Castro District."
- "We have intelligence that points to a single suspect: an Amazonian national named Horatio Oléré, living in the San Francisco area."
- "Kiwi bloke : No, the area, the gay village."
- "This meeting room is a communal area, sometimes used for internal meetings"
- "Well, we've canvassed the entire area, and spoken to several marine mammals."
- "As far as your tasks go, I require growth in the following areas"
Still having difficulties with 'Area'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Area'? Share it with us!