At the moment
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(I can't answer the phone) at the moment: (I can't answer the phone) right now, this second, immediately, at this time
We use a similar expression to refer to past events: At that moment (in time), I was scared for my life.
- "We're looking for surf instructors on the Yorke Peninsula at the moment."
- "I'm probably photocopying or making coffee at the moment, but please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I get permission to use the phone again."
- "Actually, that suits me – the Australian Dollar is down against the US Dollar at the moment."
- "Well this "app" I'm using at the moment is quite exciting."
- "But as you know, I'm working two jobs at the moment."
- "We're not here at the moment."
- "You are too angry to talk to someone at the moment, so you will be placed on hold until you have calmed down a bit."
- "He's in a meeting at the moment."
- "Xavier : What are you doing at the moment, Brian?"
- "Moira McDonald is breastfeeding at the moment, but we do have our business correspondent, Janine Overtime, here."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'At the moment'? Share it with us!