English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
beloved: loved very much, dear
Note that the word "beloved" can be pronounced with either three syllables ("be-lov-ed") or two ("be-loved").
Beloved husband, devoted father, excellent surfer... He will be missed. We all loved him very much.
Eric was an excellent teacher beloved by all those he taught over the years. All the children liked him.
UK: Beloved husband, devoted father, excellent surfer. He will be missed.
US: This book is beloved by children everywhere.
- "Our beloved director of sales, and ex-president of Cheeterland, Philip Cheeter, recently completed a unique weekend seminar as part of Delavigne Corp's training program. Here's a excerpt from a recent e-mail exchange between the two of us"
- "Yes, I demand recompense for the slaughter of my beloved companion, who served me so well over the years."
- "His shop has been left to his beloved grandson, Bruno, who shares Xavier's passion for perfumes."
- "Your beloved Ivana BümBüm has been photographed taking cocaine!"
- "Gymglish user, my beloved, I love you now, always and forever."
- "Convinced that his beloved pet goldfish "Bubbles", a prize won at a local carnival, is in mortal peril, Thomas has quarantined Bubbles to a 6 by 6 by 6 inch glass bowl until a vaccine is discovered or doctors clear the fish for transport."
Still having difficulties with 'Beloved'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Beloved'? Share it with us!