English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
(What do you eat for) breakfast?: (What do you eat as) the first meal of the day?
Breakfast is composed of the words "break" and "fast". The term "breakfast" literally refers to "breaking" or ending a "fast" (a period in which nothing is eaten).
to fast: to eat nothing for a period of time
to break a fast: to eat something after a period of time of eating nothing
- "and cooking you steaks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner."
- "Horatio : I want yak for breakfast."
- "What did you have for breakfast yesterday?"
- "Tonight we're going to reminisce about some of the moments that have made Funky Friday a nutritious part of your Gymglish breakfast month after month."
- "Philip : Just as soon as I'm finished spitting this important message: "Must use toilet immediately, ate burrito for breakfast."
- "I want breakfasts included."
- "You have worn funny hats, taken 17 shots of vodka for breakfast, and purchased 73 Russian dolls."
- "- Breakfast is available at a small extra charge (£7)."
- "Perhaps we could meet for breakfast?"
- "- We've had one, yes, what about second breakfast?"
Still having difficulties with 'Breakfast'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Breakfast'? Share it with us!