English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
CEO (chief executive officer): Executive with the highest position in a company, boss
UK: He's the boss, the CEO, the chief executive officer!
US: Well I heard that the CEO is a PIG. Oink, Oink!
- "Susie : I'm actually just CEO until Bruno comes back, but thank you."
- "Because both of our bosses are gone, I would like to nominate myself as interim interim CEO."
- "As you all know, it's been exactly one month since Bruno left the company in search of happiness, and exactly one month since I've been the interim CEO in his place."
- "Susie : So there I was with my best mates, and it was just like old times again, before I became CEO of Delavigne, before Jean proposed marriage, before Bruno took me away in his helicopter."
- "Philip : Yeah Susie, who elected you interim CEO?"
- "I'm doing a little research on business travel agencies for my boss - CEO Bruno Delavigne."
- "Let's take a quick vote: everyone in favor of me becoming CEO say "yay" or "nay"."
- "Susie : Bruno appointed me interim CEO, Philip."
- "As you all know, we recently lost our CEO Bruno Delavigne, and shortly afterwards our interim CEO Susan Bliss, who ran off with Bruno after a very interesting wedding in London."
Still having difficulties with 'Ceo'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Ceo'? Share it with us!